Beginner's Guide to Finding the Best Therapists
Finding a therapist can be an overwhelming process for many people. Read the guides below to navigate your way through finding the best therapist for you!
1. What to look for in a therapist
- 7 steps to find a great therapist
- What makes a great therapist?
- How to find therapists of color
- Benefits and limitations of remote therapy
- A guide to using Zencare
2. Initial call with a therapist
- What to expect on an initial call with a therapist
- What is the difference between a psychiatrist, therapist, and coach?
- You've had your first therapy appointment. Now what?
3. Paying for therapy
- In-network vs. out-of-network therapy
- Sliding scale therapy fees
- Step-by-step guide to using out-of-network benefits
- Why therapists aren't in-network with health insurances
- 6 reasons to see an out-of-network therapist
4. The first session and beyond
5. How to "break up" with your therapist
6. Personal stories about therapy experiences
- From therapy skeptic to Zencare founder: How I found my ideal therapist
- Coming Full Circle: Battling Depression in College
- Investing in myself: Therapy as a safe haven
- How therapy helped me evolve from a victim to a survivor
- Life after: A survivor's story
- Challenging accepted thinking about mental health
- Finding strength in weakness
- Fighting the fraud: An interview on imposter syndrome