We are very excited to offer a Positive Psychology Program. The field of positive psychology is concerned with how to use science to help people maximize their strengths, increase their well-being, and flourish in their lives. It was developed by Martin Seligman, PhD, at the University of Pennsylvania and has been expanded by teams around the world. This workshop will introduce numerous topics and teach you how to systematically build positive psychology skills.
You will learn to:
- Increase the number of positive emotions you experience
- Increase the number of activities that bring you into “flow states” (in which you are in the moment, fully absorbed, and challenged)
- Build the sense of meaning you have in your life
- Cultivate “grit” and resilience
- Strengthen a growth mindset in which you see how plastic your nervous system is, and how believing in your ability to improve at tasks makes exponential progress possible
- Make gratitude, compassion, and even forgiveness more central in your life
East Providence Location: Tuesdays 5:30pm to 7:00pm for 12 weeks
North Kingstown Location: Wednesdays 7:30pm to 9:00pm for 12 weeks
$480 for all 12 weeks. Insurance not accepted. 10% discount is offered if not using insurance and payment is made upfront.
Natalie Fenn & Dorothy Skierkowski, Ph.D. are psychologists at RICBT. RICBT is a psychotherapy and coaching practice with locations in East Providence and North Kingstown, RI. RICBT therapists are dedicated to helping clients develop a toolbox of strategies that will foster positive change and progress towards life goals. The entire team is determined to make RICBT a uniquely positive and understanding community. Clinicians accept members from diverse communities and work hard to collaboratively explore cultural and individual differences. The administrative staff goes the extra mile to be welcoming and helpful. RICBT's mission is to offer you incredible support and proven strategies to help you feel better and live better.