This group is for anyone looking to end the diet-binge cycle, make peace with food, and feel more comfortable in their own body. Today it is easy to feel trapped in between the chaos of overeating and the rigidity of dieting. Let me help you challenge unhelpful thoughts, feelings, and behaviors around food; reconnect with hunger and fullness; end out of control eating; improve your body image; and ultimately end your preoccupation with food and eating. Imagine what else you could do with that time and energy if you got it back.
Throughout this group you will:
- Uncover and improve your relationship with food
- Observe and create mindful eating habits
- Learn how thoughts and emotions influence cravings and eating habits
- Improve your relationship with your body
- Learn to let go of judgement and inner critic
- See improvement in self-esteem
- Learn specific ways to manage stress beyond emotional eating or food restriction
- Connect with a community of like-minded people who want to improve their mental, emotional, and physical health
- New topics and opportunities for discussion each week, including handouts and informational videos
- Live Zoom calls to learn, ask questions, gain support, and transform (Recording will be available if call is missed)
The meeting dates and times for this group are still being determined and I welcome your input as to when you would be able to attend!
Dr. Natalie Horn is a licensed psychologist in Denver, Colorado. She works with professionals, college-students, and adults of all ages who are looking to create change in their lives. Her clients are eager to become healthier and more fulfilled versions of themselves. In addition to therapy, Dr. Horn offers life coaching for clients who are looking to unlock peak performance and potential in life, sport, or work.
Dr. Horn helps those who struggle with stress, anxiety, depression, or a harsh inner critic, to obtain the tools and confidence they need to navigate life’s challenges and begin to thrive. In addition, Dr. Horn specializes in treating eating disorders and weight-related concerns of all types, promoting a non-diet and intuitive eating approach to weight loss, and helping clients improve health habits and motivation.
Sessions with Dr. Horn are individually-tailored and integrate evidence-based therapies (CBT, DBT, ACT, and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) with empathy, and self-compassion. Her style is collaborative, interactive, and non-judgmental. Dr. Horn guides her clients through the process of assessing their values, strengths, coping strategies, and vision for the future. Through exploration, Dr. Horn helps her clients identify what’s limiting them from moving forward, and develop new, more effective patterns and coping skills that align with their values and the person they want to become.
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Horn has consulted at several major hospitals and is well versed in cutting-edge research. She is knowledgeable about how to help her clients refine and develop the skills they need to move towards a healthy future. She combines her expertise with personalized care to ensure her clients achieve real, long-lasting change. Dr. Horn primarily offers telehealth sessions. She is affiliated with Denver Sports Recovery, where she offers in-person sessions on a case-by-case basis.