What is the Young Adult Behavioral Health Program?
The Young Adult Behavioral Health Program (YABH) at Rhode Island Hospital helps 18 to 26 year olds living with psychiatric illness live more productive lives by providing affordable and comprehensive mental health treatment. Our program seeks to improve accessibility to mental health services for young adults in Rhode Island with a special emphasis on partnering with university and college based counseling centers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
What services do you offer?
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Psycho-pharmacologic treatment
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Patient access to a 24/7 on-call clinician
- Consultation with parents and loved ones
- Liaison with university faculty and staff
- Emergent psychiatric evaluations for campus counseling centers within 3 business days after referral
- Interpersonal and supportive group therapy
What areas do you have expertise in?
Our staff has expertise in treating young adults in a variety of areas:
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
- Trauma Related Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Adjustment to Chronic Medical Illness
How do you support young adults?
Our program provides psychopharmacologic consultation, long term psychiatric care, referral and partnership with interpersonal, supportive, dialectical and cognitive behavioral therapists. We work with family members, colleges and universities to provide individually tailored treatment. Our clinicians coordinate with inpatient and partial hospital programs to provide each young adult with a continuum of care that is customized to their needs.
We'd love to hear from you.
Book an initial phone consult with the Young Adult Behavioral Health Program's support staff!
If you have any questions or do not hear from them, email the Zencare team at email@example.com.
Book an initial phone call
Chat briefly to ensure a good match before a full appointment. (Free)
1 Verify insurances & fees.
Please contact Dr. Whiteley's office to check your coverage.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Brown University Student Health Insurance (Consolidated Health)
- Cigna (see Note 1 below)
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Medicaid (see Note 2 below)
- Neighborhood Health
- Providence College Student Health Insurance (Tufts)
- PHCS / Multiplan
- RISD Student Health Insurance (United Health)
- United Health
Note 1: Cigna is only accepted if your plan offers Out-of-network benefits; please call Cigna to confirm your benefits.
Note 2: Medicaid typically does not cover out-of-state services other than emergency services. While Rhode Island Medicaid covers our services, for those with Medicaid from other states, please contact us so we can check your coverage.
First appointment: 60min
Therapy sessions: 50min
Psychopharmacology sessions: 30 - 50min Group sessions: 60min