Zencare's Clinician Vetting Process
At Zencare, our priority is evidence-based, quality mental healthcare, and only clinicians who pass our rigorous qualification process are invited to join our network.
The five -step Zencare screening process includes:
- License, court, and criminal background checks.
- Website and online ratings assessment.
- Initial 15min phone screening with the Zencare team.
- Final 15min phone interview with the Zencare team to ensure adherence to the latest, evidence-based treatments and dedication to ongoing education and self-improvement.
- Ongoing quality maintenance via feedback from users.
All Zencare clinicians must be licensed and in good standing in the state in which they are practicing, and psychiatrists must be Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
In our qualification interview, we ask therapists about their training and experience in their areas of expertise. This ensures that when prospective clients use our “Specialty” filter or read a provider’s profile, each specialty has been verified against best-practice standards so clients can trust they are receiving quality care.
Our questions have been developed by thought leaders across many mental health fields, including:
- Clinical directors at top eating disorder recovery programs
- Perinatal mental health expert from a leading women’s hospital
- Bereavement specialist from a national palliative care program
- LGBTQ rights activist and social worker
- Obsessive compulsive disorder specialist and distinguished psychiatrist
We ask about each provider’s approach to treatment and how they continue to improve their practice. For example, if a therapist lists an eating disorder specialty, we want to know specifically what challenges they see in their practice; when they refer out to a higher level of care; if they have ongoing relationships with other providers such as dietitians, primary care physicians, and psychiatrists; and how they stay up-to-date with the latest eating disorder treatment research.
Finally, we ask for professional references whenever deemed necessary. We take our vetting process seriously and take action on any concerns we hear from users.
At the end of the day, our vetting process comes down to asking ourselves, "Would I recommend this clinician to a friend or family member?"
We strive to create a community of clinically excellent, professionally outstanding, and deeply compassionate clinicians.
We welcome your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us!
Although we take steps to verify the information provided to us by the Therapists, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of such information, including medical degrees, licenses, certification, credentials, or background. We do not recommend or endorse any Therapist, nor do we make any representation or warranty with respect to the quality of the services they may provide. Read our full terms of service.